The much awaited World EXPO 2015 is drawing nearer and nearer as the clock ticks every second. As a way of preparing for this great occasion, Milan is doing all it can to make herself pretty and of course usher in and host this event in style.
Just to share with you some information about Milan, I would say that she is an upcoming and a quite developed city.
She has witnessed construction of new business buildings, restaurants, hotels and restoration of historic monuments. We would best describe Milan as the headquarter of fashion, business and design in Italy. Milan is not only a business center, but also a home to some of indispensable art, museums and churches in Italy and the whole World at large.
Some of the anticipated developments include:
- Creation of an artificial lake around the Expo site - This will be a perfect way of creating a natural ecosystem around the entire site and the city of Milan at large;
- Construction of pavilions - The planners have decided to create pavilions on an area that is equivalent to half of the site;
- Creation of a green areas – This will occupy about one sixth of the entire site, giving the site an attractive appearance;
- Creation of open space – This will be free space just next to the pavilions. Approximately, this space will be one third of the area occupied by the entire site;
- Putting up an ultra-modern amphitheater - This will rest on a ground of about 9000 square meters and a capacity of 12,000 seats. In the center of the theater, shows and performances are expected to take place
- Construction of an auditorium - It will be of high quality with a capacity of 6,000 seats;
- Construction of water canals around the Expo site - The canals would be large enough and navigable;
- Putting up Expo village facilities above the surrounding canal – This village will be used as the main accommodation center for administrative personnel, staff, security personnel and volunteers;
- Directing more resources towards the redevelopment of key buildings, one of them being the post office building – The planners saw this action necessary as a vital input for sustainable development;
- Construction of bioclimatic greenhouses – These would be large enough to support production and cultivation of fundamental foodstuffs. These are the foodstuffs that each particular country pavilion used as an individual;
- A services area - This would be put in an adjacent place next to the Expo site. It would then be outfitted with stores, a convention center, hotels, a business center and parking facilities all to be used by Expo participants.
Milan is also going an extra mile to come up with thematic pavilions for this great Expo.
These pavilions would be drawn around the following issues: Equilibrium – Conscience and science – What the world consumes – The spiral of food – The mystery of Piazza Italia – Eating well as a human right – What makes the art of food?
This awesome event would receive participants from over 150 countries and an additional large number of representatives and delegates from international organizations.