The electronics industry keeps changing with a number of innovations heating the market every other time.
What is common however regards the little time within which most inventions in this industry fades.
One is left to wonder if the unveiling of curved TVs by both LG and Samsung follows suit, is it just another fading trend or are the TVs here to stay.
The success of this invention is only determined by weighing the good and bad before deciding whether it is a worthy course. There is more to this TV than the impressive looks and a promise for speed, good picture presentation and smartness. A keen look at what really matters can help you decide on whether it is a worthy revolution or not.
The advantages that make curved Screens a great choice
- One of the advantages of the curved TV is the fact that this TV brings you close to the theatre experience. It is an imitation of what happens in real movie theatres. Theatres prefer curved screens because of the ability to contain image distortion effect that usually results from varied light distances in relation to the projector.to enhance the performance of your home theater therefore, a curved screen could be the answer you have been searching for all along;
- Curved TVs also allow for a wide area of viewing. This increases clarity of viewing irrespective of the viewing position used. There is the claim also that curved screens provide varied viewing angles although most people will not fully agree on this aspect. What remains true however is the fact that curved screens bring image edges inwards thereby diminishing the effect of light falling off. This further enhances the correction on image distortion which comes about due to not so perfect lenses;
- The aspect of curved TVs being the newest technology in the market guarantees them to be the best. They have the latest specifications and everything a tech addict is looking for.it goes without saying therefore that buying a curved TV means that you are getting the best the market has to offer;
Why you must keep away from curved TV screens
- Like they say every good thing has a demerit. Despite the numerous positive characteristics of this curved TV one is left to wonder whether it is worth buying, especially considering the few factors. These TVs are highly priced and one may wonder if they will not drop. It is possible that the curved TVs are double the price of their equivalent flat screens. The fact that they are the latest models in the market does not help ease matters;
- The curved screen creates a new set of difficulties while trying to iron out the old problems. The curve of the screen is not small enough to reflect images twice at the screen’s end. Due to the screen’s optical properties, it is possible that images will become overstretched. This poor reflection is a problem that may not have been anticipated when creating the screen;
- The ability of a curved screen to provide better viewing pleasure is still questionable. Some people argue that you can obtain a flat screen with similar specs and still be maximally entertained. It is really not necessary to waste a lot of money on what you can still get with your flat screen TV. It is not practical;
- Curved screens have a problem when it comes to maintaining uniform coloring and screen brightness. This is because of the curves which cause color to be washed out at the sides and remain clear at the edges.
In the end, the decision of whether the curved Screens are a success or a failed attempt at greatness depends on the preference of its users. After all, it is only the shoe wearer that knows where it pinches most. Do you think it is still profitable to switch to the new curved screens and move with the trend?